At the invitation of the Director and management of the National Archives of the Czech Republic, the Director of the Archives of Vojvodina Dr. Nebojša Kuzmanović, social-anthropologist and archaeologist Kristijan Obšust and digitization operative Vladimir Mučibabić visited the National Archives of the Czech Republic in Prague.
Douglas Meriwether Dold, Adventure in the Balkans 1915, Edited by Lj. Dožić,
The Archives of Vojvodina, Novi Sad 2018.
By publishing the almost completely unknown manuscript by Douglas Dold, an American who left us his precious memories of the occupied Serbia in 1915, the Archives of Vojvodina has successfully preserved a document which is important for interpreting historical events and processes, and more importantly – it reminded us of the humanitarian mission that the US conducted during the First World War in Serbia.
- The organization of Serbia Day was initiated by a Serbian representative in the USA, Ljubomir Mihajlović, who suggested that the 28th of July, on the fourth anniversary since Austro-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, be celebrated in the United States of America as a ''day when two principles came into conflict – the first is to rule another by force, and the second is to secure freedom to all nations''
- The goal: to highlight as much as possible the role of Serbia in the First World War as well as the importance of the Yugoslav question.
- Support from the US senior officials headed by President Woodrow Wilson and State Secretary Robert Lansing. Woodrow Wilson had a positive view of the Serbs, and it is believed that this was the result of his acquaintance with the great scientist Mihajlo Pupin who was his personal friend.
- 27th of July 1918, US State Secretary Robert Lansing sent an invitation to all American citizens, which was published in the New York Times, to gather to their churches on Sunday the 28th of July in order express their sympathy to the ''brave Serbian people''.
Dr. Gideon Greif and Ambassador of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr. Ljiljana Nikšić visitd the Archives of Vojvodina.
The honorable guests were greeted by the Director of the Archives of Vojvodina Dr. Nebojša Kuzmanović.
More Articles ...
- The International Archival Conference ''12 Archival Days of Subotica''
- Municipality Presidents and Mayors from the Slovak Republic Visit the Archives of Vojvodina
- Annual Conference of Hungarian Archivists in Đula (Gyula)
- The Archives of Vojvodina Attend the ''Serbian American Relations'' International Scientific Conference